Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Beauty of Alaska




For the past three weeks I have had the pleasure to visit the beautiful state of Alaska. I come here pretty often to visit my mother and brother. Every time I go I am overwhelmed with the beauty of the state, every direction you turn, there is something glorious to look at. I'm the type of person who looks at the small things, and I tend to look for beauty in everything. So when I am surrounded by it, it's hard for me to pay attention to much else. Some people have a hard time seeing the true beauty in things. Most people will just glimpse at something and say, "oh yeah, thats neat." and then they move on to something else. When looking at something wonderful, to truly accept it, you need to look at it, breath it in, bring your eyes across every detail, absorb it so the image is imprinted in your mind, and then feel the soul of the it, alive or not. All of what I just described, I try to capture in my pictures, I want the viewer to feel like they are there, apart of the image, I want them to see the way i see. This is my goal, and I realize I still have a long ways to accomplish this, but I believe I'm off to a good start.






No comments:

Post a Comment